Image is a Bingo card. To the left of it is a picture of Clippy, the little animated helper from earlier versions of MS Office, saying: “It looks like you’re a cisgendered person trying to discuss trans issues. Would you like help?” The speech bubble contains two selections, “Get help with checking your privilege” and “Just engage in discussion without help”, and a “Don’t show me this tip again” checkbox.
The Bingo card itself has the following squares:
- "But some people jump into decisions!"
- Ignores preferred pronoun and gets defensive when corrected.
- "Gender doesn’t really matter to me! But…"
- "You seem defensive/angry. Shouldn’t you calm down?"
- "Trans women and/or trans men just reinforce the gender binary."
- "I don’t act like a stereotypical gender role. How can I have cis privilege?"
- "But my friend doesn’t mind when I call him a tranny!”
- Compares transitioning to some other optional safety law/procedure, like seat-belt laws.
- "I don’t think I should have to respect your X, so I’m not going to. I have rights!"
- Ask questions about trans person’s life “before.”
- "But a doctor/therapist has been trained! Surely they know what would be best!"
- "I know I’m not trans, but on this important trans issue I think…"
- FREE SPACE: “But why?”
- "But how do you know you’re trans? Gender doesn’t really exist.”
- "I wish more exotic people would tell me about their exotic customs."
- Conflates and compares trans women and drag queens or butch lesbians and trans men.
- "But I don’t believe in the gender binary/have a trans friend/relative! How can I be transphobic?"
- Resents the involvement of an actual trans person because it “stifles discussion.”
- "Genderqueer/Young trans people are just going through a phase/not really trans."
- "I don’t like terms like cisgender/cissexual. Isn’t that just reverse discrimination?"
- "How can trans women ever really interact as women? They were socialized as men.”
- Compares trans gender dysphoria to cis person’s awkwardness in traditional gender roles.
- "My taxpayer dollars shouldn’t have to pay for someone’s personal choice."
- "My trans friend/co-worker/relative said…"
- "Trans men are just women repossessing male privilege!"